Saturday, September 14, 2013

First Day of School A-Day

School started last week. The morning started with me waking up at six and getting ready for school. Unlike any other first day of school I had actually slept to when my alarm went off. I got up and got ready for the first day of school. When the bus arrived I was surprised about how full it was, but found my friend Kilee B. and sat next to her. We both had first day of school nerves. When we arrived I found my first class and then we wandered a bit. When the bell rang I went back to World Civ and found Jea there. I was so glad she was in my class, we were all allowed to sit where we wanted to which was nice, and apparently are allowed to every day. There were a bunch of others I recognized from Mueller but no one else I was really close to. In that class it was mostly figuring things out and introduction things. We were paired up with somebody next to us and had to introduce the other... It wasn't too hard since I got paired up with Matt who I had a few classes with last year and kinda talked to. After that we had some free time and I talked to Jea about our classes, and such. The bell rang and I headed up to french class. I was so nervous until I saw Tay and Kaitlyn. Of course I sat down next to them. And again in French there were a lot of people I knew including my crush. Score! We were then called down to an assembly and I found McCall. We sat down in the middle of a row, and discovered all off the others were in the other assembly.  By the end of everyone coming in me and McCall were stuck between two awkward guys with beards. Yup that's how it goes... The assembly was just one about school policy and such, nothing big. After it was done McCall and I split and heading back to our classes. When we all returned Madame Whiting had us do introductions and pull out an item to represent us. I did my Fai bookmark I made for obvious reasons and also due to the fact that I only had a walmart-cheepo-mechanical pencil with me. Mostly that day we talked about what we needed in class and listened to some french. After that Tay and I walked to chemistry together. While headed there we both went to different classes which was odd since both of us had honors with Jensen. I went to the class and sat down next to Emily who told me that this too was Jensen. About 5 min into the class I realized that this was not the honors class, and that there were two teachers who taught chemistry at the same period with the last name of Jensen. Embarrassed I headed over to the other class where tay was. When I got there it was completely full except for one seat next to Tay... thank the heavens. I headed back and plopped my bag down. She gave me the 'i told you look' and I replied 'yeah yeah I know... I was shown the wrong classroom' During Chemistry we were put into lab groups and had to do a lab... on the first day... and a lab report.... seriously.... After chemistry was lunch. I said by to tay and caught up with Emma, McCall, and Kilee B. We ate lunch, and McCall's boyfriend was sitting with us which was really awkward but whatever. We wandered around a lot after lunch. When the bell rang I was unsure of how to get to my foods class, and I asked this girl who was in my lab group if she knew where it was. Turns out she was going there herself so I went with her. I sat with her and a one other junior and one senior. They're all really nice, and it was fun. Foods was mainly just going over disclosures and such. After that we all left and I headed for the bus and left for home.

1 comment:

Daughter of Eve said...

sounds like a good first day....I remember mine and yes it was exciting and scarey at the time. loveya Gramma